You will coordinate recruitment; new hire orientation, employee relations, communicate benefits and compensation information, conduct performance management and appraisal, exit interviews.
Functions & Responsibilities
Recruitment & Selection
- Participate in the drive for operational excellence by managing the sourcing, selection, recruitment and placement in timely manner after approval is received.
- Drawing up offer of employment and induction process for new hires.
- Working with HOD’s in drafting of Job Descriptions.
- Implement the standard performance management system across the bank ensuring a professional and consistent measure of staff performance with appropriate personal development plans.
- Manage Organizational Talent Review Process & Succession planning sessions.
- Provide support and advice on employee relations matters to all employees.
- Timely handling of all employee relation matters, ensuring correct disciplinary procedures are adhered to.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on the legal & HR implications of management decisions.
HR Administration and Reporting
- Maintain the HR database and manage the HR administration function.
- Review and approve contracts/amendments and correspondence to employees before issue.
- Operate an efficient leave management system.
Payroll, Compensation and Benefits
- Continue to deliver implemented Remuneration & Benefits strategy for the Bank.
- Ensure that compensation & benefit activities (pay, pension, etc) are delivered by the team on time and that information is accurate.
Support for Board Committees
- Prepare and disseminate information to enable the Board Committees to carry out their role and meet the objectives of the Board.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all committee members.
- Make presentations to the Board on matters under my brief.
- Ensure prompt and sanitation of office management.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by Managing Director
Key Performance Indicators
- Reduce recruitment errors to below 1% of total recruitment.
- Ensure all staff attains a minimum of 75% of their monthly deliverables.
- Organize at least one training for all staff on a monthly basis.
- Reduce staff turnover ratio to not more than a maximum of 5% in any one month.
- Ensure a 5% reduction of monthly expenses.
- Ensure the preparation of payroll and all associated monthly activities are timely and as stipulated by the staff handbook.
- Ensure a 100% smooth running of the office administration.
- Ensure a 100% daily cleanliness of the entire office.
- Ensure a 100% verification of all staff credentials.
- Ensure a 100% coordination of all Admin and HR activities.
- 100% maintenance of staff discipline and compliance.
- Ensure a 100% proper vetting of all contracts given to vendor and their execution.
- Ensure that the bank maintains an adequate stock of all working materials & where there are shortages make necessary re-order for these items.
- Ensure the delivery of a 100% welfare package to all staff within the ambits of the staff handbook.
- Ensure zero service failure in the delivery of services to staff.
- Ensure a100% integrity of record of all staff.
- Ensure a score of a minimum of 75% score on CBN and other regulatory bodies’ audit of the bank or at least a minimum of medium risk in a stable direction using risk based audit metrics.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent customer relationship development/management
- Industry Knowledge
- Legal Statutes & Banking Regulations/Compliance Management
- Results/Action Orientation
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Recruitment and Retention Skills
- People Management
- Developing subordinates
- Conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial / administration
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Communication Skills
- A second degree or an MBA from a leading university
- MFB Certification Examination
- CIPM Certification
- Other additional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a microfinance bank or other financial institution, with a minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience.