You are essentially a policeman or watchdog of the Bank, division or department. You will develop policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other reporting controls.
- Ascertaining the extent of compliance with established policies, plans and procedures.
- Ascertaining the extent to which bank assets are accounted for and safeguarded from loses of all kind.
- Ascertaining the reliability of management data developed within the bank.
- Appraising the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Recommending operating improvements.
- Promoting effective control at reasonable cost.
- Ensuring that identified errors are corrected.
- Ensuring the protection of all the security instruments of the bank.
- Ensuring that the bank complies with all statutory regulations.
- Ascertain and document internal control arrangements put in place by management in all departments and branches of the bank.
- Ensuring that general and specific internal control arrangements in all the departments and branches are adequate and effective.
- Follow up on the implementation of observations/recommendation contained in the audit report.
Key Performance Indicators
- Carry out a 100% review of all daily transactions both financial and non – financial transactions.
- Carry out 100% review of all loan file.
- Carry out a 100% verification / visitation of customers residential and business address.
- Carry out a 100% review of the customer service unit.
- Carry out a 100% review of the activity of vault and teller operations.
- Carry out a 100% review of the activity IT unit.
- Carry out a 100% of the activities of Business Development Unit.
- Carry out a 100% review of the activities of Financial Control Unit.
- Carry out a 100% review of the activities of Risk Management Unit.
- Carry out a 100% review of the activities of the HR and Admin Unit.
- Ensure a score of a minimum of 75% score on CBN and other regulatory bodies’ audit of the bank or at least a minimum of medium risk in a stable direction using risk based audit metrics.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent customer relationship development/management
- Business accountability
- Industry Knowledge
- Legal Statutes & Banking Regulations/Compliance Management
- Results/Action Orientation
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- People Management
- Developing subordinates
- Conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial / administration
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Communication Skills
- A second degree or an MBA from a leading university
- MFB Certification Examination
- Other additional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a microfinance bank or other financial institution, with a minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience.